Courtney-I have a question about chore packs...

Courtney-I have a question about chore packs...

Homemaker
I just re-watched the video you did on them and I was wondering if you can answer a couple questions.  When you put them in the kids neck thing, do they just flip through the chores to see what they have to do and do them in whatever order they want, or do you have them do them in a certain order?  When they are done with one, do they put the picture of the chore somewhere or do they put it back in their pouch?

Thank you!

Re: Courtney-I have a question about chore packs...

Courtney (Women Living Well)
Originally, they did them in the order I put them in and I helped them put the one they finished in the back of the packet to do the next one.

BUT now that they are growing up - often they'll lay them out on the floor - assess them - choose their own order and then return the pack back to me - I will pull out the cards and ask - "did you do xyz?" and they will say "oops I forgot one" or say "yes" then I go and check their work and praise them! (or correct little mistakes)

So at this point - there's no special order - they just return the pack back to me when they are done.  There's no television, computer, wii or playing outside until their pack is returned to me...so if they lolly gag and get caught playing with a toy - I don't get upset...they just lose privileges and their quarter (I'm very matter of fact - I don't show my emotions I don't want to have battles with this)...they almost always get it all done quickly because they don't like losing privileges or quarters and they like helping and my praise!

Hope this helps!
Courtney

Re: Courtney-I have a question about chore packs...

Homemaker
Thank you!  That is very helpful.