FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

Clare
TIP: Well ladies. You've done it. Many of you have gone along a 12 week fitness journey with me and I'm so proud of you! Some of you have joined the group later on and maybe some of you fell off early on. I want to leave you with my top ways of HOW to keep on keeping on. You have a WONDERFUL start and I'd hate you to lose your momentum.

1.) Change up your routine. If you get stuck in the same routine for months and months I guarantee you will lose your zeal. It is critical that you change some aspect of your workout, whether it would be your strength routine, cardio set, equipment used, or location/class that you attend. I generally am switching something up of mine every 6-8 wks. I wouldn't expect that of you, but I'd gauge for at least a 3 month change.

2.) Find a buddy. You know this is true in EVERY aspect of your life, so why would your fitness part be any different? If you have someone holding you accountability to your weekly (or daily) workouts, you'll be more apt to do them. Email each other. Work towards a massage together. Challenge each other. Have FUN together!! Sometimes the best place "buddy" is an exercise class. There's something about getting yourself to class that keeps you accountable to the teacher and even other students--whether a word is said about it or not.

3.) Get back on the wagon when you fall off. Notice I didn't say *if* you fall off...it's *when* you fall off. I assure you, you'll have problems keeping to your routine. Hey...life happens. We don't have neat, easy schedules that have no interference from sickness, financial stresses, or family problems. During those times that you aren't able to keep to the routine, try to do something. Maybe it's just a walk once a week or a daily stretch of the body, but keeping at least one toe in the pot will make it easier to jump in when you are ready to make the splash!

4.) If you can afford it, hire a personal trainer or coach for a short period of time. Maybe you've been at this working out thing for a while and you are ready to really change it up. Some of you can afford hiring someone else to give you a kick in the tail. Go ahead. Do it! There's nothing wrong with a little motivation from someone who is knowledgeable and experienced!

5.) Pray. Pray about your commitment. Pray for discipline. Pray to work on a healthy lifestyle with a positive mental state. God is involved in EVERY aspect of our lives so He wants to hear from us about EVERY aspect of our lives.

CHALLENGE: Identify what will keep you from keeping on. Put a plan of attack in play so that when that moment comes, you will find a way through it!

LET'S TALK!: Share what works for you to keep on your workout routine. What HAS worked over the past 12 weeks to keep you going??

Re: FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

Kim A.
Thanks for all your encouragement, Clare!
This little "invisible" group has been just what I needed!
And you are right to suggest PRAYER!  God cares and he says APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING! (Jn 15)
THANK YOU, JESUS!

Re: FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

CDHMOM
Can we keep going with this program?  I'd love to do another 12 weeks of accountability!
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Re: FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

Brooke
I agree.  I enjoy reading everyone's progress!  Keeps me motivated!
Married 11 years,
Mommy to 3,(ages 7, 3, & 8 months)

Re: FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

Daina
I have loved reading about everyone's progress. I homeschool my children and they are part of a homeschool PE group 2x's a week at the YMCA. The mothers of group get together and do 30 mins. of cardio and then 30 minutes of body toning. I have really enjoyed the encouragement and accountability. My daughter is getting in her PE and Mom is getting her exercise in. :) Thank you all for sharing your progress, I hope that we can continue!

Re: FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

Kristy
These are all great tips Clare!  Thank you so much!!  I really agree with prayer and the buddy system.  I would love to participate in another one of these again.  :)
Kristy Hawk
Married to Derek 8 years
Reagan-3 1/2
Karly-2

Re: FINAL WEEK : Week 12 (March 21st - March 27th) Keep on keeping on!!

Heritage of Sons
Thanks Clare!  I agree with the others... the accountability here has been great to keep me motivated to keep it up, even though I have not been checking in daily.

Aimee
wife to a great guy (12 years)
homeschooling mom of 4 boys