Veggie Gardening

Susan
My family has been given the opportunity to participate in a very informal community garden.  Each Monday I'll be posting updates on our grand veggie-experiment.

Join me at The Flexible Homeschooler whether you home school or not with a link to your garden project and we'll have a virtual community garden to enjoy.
Susan
Daily Coping Skills

Married 22 years, 7 children later- still in love though a lot busier.

Re: Veggie Gardening

Courtney -WomenLivingWell
Administrator
Oh thanks - this is great!  I have a little square in my new backyard ready to welcome a summer garden! I cannot wait till it warms up a bit more to get it started!  I'll be checking your blogposts out!  Thanks!

http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com
http://www.womenlivingwell.org
Married 12 years, children ages 6 and 4
Galatians 6:9 "Do not grow weary in doing good for in due season you will reap a harvest IF you do not give up."

Re: Veggie Gardening

Heritage of Sons
I have been wanting a garden for years, but we have been trying to move for as long too, so I patiently wait until we have our own yard... (or impatiently as the case sometimes is).  And at this stage in my life, a community garden probably isn't too feasible for me to participate in.
Aimee
wife to a great guy (12 years)
homeschooling mom of 4 boys

Re: Veggie Gardening

CDHMOM
Not sure if we're going to do our usual garden this year or not.  We typically plant 36 tomato plants (I can), about a dozen pepper plants, some summer squash and green beans.   All that gardening requires a lot of time and this year we'd like to have a little more family time to go swimming and such.

Yesterday, the boys planted onions and radishes :)  I'm considering putting in an herb garden close to the house.  We'll see what all else we put in.
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Re: Veggie Gardening

Susan
I figure any size garden is good for my kids to see.  My 4 yo has not been doing well.  My huge garden plot may have to languish... we'll see.  God Knows.  -and I mean that with faith.

In the meantime we ate fresh lettuce at lunch from my tiny box salad garden.  Personally, I prefer to do my herbs on my deck in containers because I cook with them more often if they are just a step away from the stove.