meal plan ideas?

kimmy920
Hey girls I am making up my meal plan for next week and am getting tired of the same ole stuff. If you do a meal plan whats on yours for the upcoming week? How do you organize your meal plan? I do mine on excel just like Courtney suggested on her blog a while back and its working really well but I just need some new ideas of meals to add! You can just say the name of the food you make and I can google a recipe if you dont have time to type it out!

Heres mine from this week..Ill just tell you my dinners since breakfast and lunch are more for Reagan (i usually eat a lean cuisine/lean pocket most days).
Monday: shakenbake chicken (dh loves this for some reason so I make it every once in a while),stuffing,cooked carrots

tuesday: spicy peanut chicken with brocolli and brown rice

wed: stuffed pepper soup

thurs: pineapple teryaki chicken breast and brown rice

friday: garlic/herb grilled chicken breast with herb coucous and steamed veggies.

Re: meal plan ideas?

adavant
This was mine for this week:

1) Turkey chili
2)  salmon, broccolli, wild rice
3) pork loin, spiced apples, asparagus
4)  chicken fajitas
5) smothered round steak, steamed carrots, sweet potatoes (baked)

For breakfasts I have whole wheat waffles and I bought wheat cinnamon swirl bread and cream cheese

for lunches soups, tuna, homemade pimento and cheese on wheat bread.
Blessings,

Christian Author & Speaker
Founder of Beauty by Design Ministries http://beautybydesignonline.com
Personal Blog - http://lifefrommylaptop.com

Re: meal plan ideas?

CDHMOM
My line up for next week is:

Pork Chops with Herbed Gravy and CousCous

Moo Goo Gai Pan with Basmati Rice

Mandarin Pork Loin

Whole Slow Cooker Chicken with Quinoa

Chicken Fajitas

Beef Vegetable Soup
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Re: meal plan ideas?

Kelly C.
Here is what I have lined up for the next 2 weeks.

Bean and Butternut Chili-new recipe so hopefully its good;-) and buttermilk corn bread
BBQ Chicken Salad
Jerk Chicken w/ sesame asparagus and snow peas
Fajitas w/ spanish rice and spicy black beans
Spicy Peanut Chicken w/ brown rice
Balsamic BBQ Chicken w/ sweet potatoes
Japanese Beef Stew-not sure what to serve with this its a new recipe!
Peppered Chopped Steak w/ sweet pot steak fries and couscous
Stuffed Cabbage Strata

Most of these recipes came from the Biggest Loser Family cookbook or Recipes for Weight Loss cookbook so they are all healthy!
~Mom to four, wife to one~
  Galatians 6:9-10

Re: meal plan ideas?

Mandi-C.HeightsMom
Just got back from the grocery store! We are going out of town for a few days this week so I am only making 3 meals...

M - Homemade Pizza

T- Chicken Stir Fry

W- Stir Fry Leftovers

T - Out of town

F- Out of town

S- Chicken and Dumplings

S- Chicken and Dumplings Leftovers

Capitol Heights Mommy
capitolheightsmom.blogspot.com

Married 2 years with a 1 year old girl and trying for more!
Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us"

Re: meal plan ideas?

RestoredByGrace
This week has been so far:

Baked Ziti

Hamburger casserole in the crock pot

Soup and sandwiches

Grilled fish, taters and green beans

Pizza - EVERY Friday is pizza night!

We always do a menu and then grocery shop!
Wife of Todd, mother of 13, Mimi of one

Re: meal plan ideas?

CDHMOM
I don't know what's up with this week, but I'm so off in the kitchen the past few days.  I'm trying and sticking to my meal plans, but everything tastes like dirt to me.  UGH!  Luckily I have a family that'll eat practically anything.
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Re: meal plan ideas?

RestoredByGrace
Could you be pregnant?  I wonder if the food tastes normal to the rest of the family but is off to you.  It's the midwife in me talking!  LOL!

Check freshness of your seasonings too and shelf life of the various foods you are preparing...  An experiment is to do a super simple meal, go buy everything fresh and prepare it.  If it still tastes off to you, look at the calendar and see where you are in the month.  It might be a good idea to rule out a surprise blessing!  LOL!

Stefani Heustis CFO, OM
Senior Domestic Engineer
Heustis-Schultz Corp.

I don't know what's up with this week, but I'm so off in the kitchen the past few days.  I'm trying and sticking to my meal plans, but everything tastes like dirt to me.  UGH!  Luckily I have a family that'll eat practically anything.
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

View message @ http://n3.nabble.com/meal-plan-ideas-tp114320p131725.html
To unsubscribe from Re: meal plan ideas?, click here.

Wife of Todd, mother of 13, Mimi of one

Re: meal plan ideas?

CDHMOM
LOL!  After I posted, I wondered if someone would ask me if I was pregnant.  Nope - that's not it.   My cooking is just a little too organic for my liking this week.  Some organic is yummy and some stuff really does taste a little too earthy.
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Re: meal plan ideas?

ValerieGail
Here is a favorite that I cook every Saturday during football season. Everyone loves it!!!

http://valeriegail.blogspot.com/2008/12/tasteful-thursday-yum-yum.html

I have a menu plan but really need to write it out like I use to. Usually I wake up in the morning and I say ok I'm cooking this tonight. But so far this week:

M - Chicken Burritos & baked potato

T - Fish and fries

W - Spaghetti with meatballs and toasted garlic bread (had my DD and family over)

T - Ham, Butter Beans and Corn Bread

F - Probably left over Spaghetti

It's just me and hubs so sometimes we just have left overs or sandwiches depending what our mood is. lol

Re: meal plan ideas?

Tricia
Sunday ~ Spaghetti and bread
Monday ~Burritos and rice
Tuesday ~ Not sure maybe left overs
Wednesday ~ Youth group I am making them Lasagna and salad
Thursday ~ Mac and Cheese and Grilled Cheese
Friday ~ Picking up Son so we will grab a bit while out
Saturday ~ BBQ Chicken Drum Sticks and Mashed potatoes
Sunday ~ Subway after Church

There is next weeks menu for me.
God Bless you Today Tomorrow and Always,

~Gardner's have the best dirt~

Re: meal plan ideas?

CDHMOM
Sunday:  Corned Beef and cabbage
Monday:  Chicken and noodles
Tuesday: Vegetable and Barley Soup
Wednesday:  Spaghetti
Thursday:  Curry Meatball stew
Friday:  ???
Kara
Wife to Chuck
Mother to Aaron (6) and Adam (3)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Re: meal plan ideas?

AgapeMom06
M: Angel Hair Pasta w/ meat sauce, tossed salad, & homemade bread (bread machine!)
T: Meatloaf, lightly glazed carrots, buttered noodles
W: Chicken, rice, & mixed veggies casserole (recipe minus cheese)
TH: Renae's Chicken Rolls *Recipe Below*, baked sweet taters, green beans, noodles
F: Homemade Pizza Night
S & Su: Left over days!

Renaeā€™s Chicken Rolls

3 - 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 rounded TBSP of mayonnaise
salt & pepper to taste
4 pkgs. crescent rolls
eggs
Italian bread crumbs

Makes 16 big rolls
Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes (or until golden brown)

Boil chicken until cooked (about 45-55 minutes). Then once they are cool, cut up & shred the chicken (I actually chop it in the food processor...my kids don't even know they're eating chicken!!!). **Hint: You can flavor the chicken in various ways while you're boiling it. I like to throw in a cap-full of "Mrs. Dash" or some Rosemary into the water for an added touch of YUM-O!!!**

Mix the cream cheese & mayonnaise and salt & pepper. Blend until creamy. Add the shredded/chopped chicken to this mixture. Stir well.

Use the crescent rolls, taking 2 triangles, put them together, roll out with rolling pin, (not too thin). Put a big spoonful of chicken mixture on each crescent roll and roll up sides toward middle. Dip them in egg and then Italian bread crumbs. Bake for about 30 ish minutes or until golden brown on 350 degrees. Best served with gravy. And believe it or not, best leftover!! I typically serve green beans and buttered noodles as sides.

**Additional Hint: I make the full thing for the filling but then freeze half and use two packages of the crescent rolls to make 8 rolls at a time. The cream cheese/chicken filling thaws beautifully to make some time later.**

Re: meal plan ideas?

LindainAustralia
I have a few days left of my meal plan, though it gets ratty near the end.

T ~ Tuna & Mushroom Spaghetti
F ~ Tuna Casserole
S ~ Sausage Casserole using chipolatas
S ~ Vege Patties with ?
M ~ Salmon Patties with Zucchini, Corn Cobs and Green Beans.

I love forums with meal planning in them!

Re: meal plan ideas?

JenniferPowell
i don't know if you guys have heard of www.e-mealz.com, but it is a Dave Ramsey endorsed site that not only saves you money, but plans the meals for you. You have to pay like 5 dollars a month, but the savings are far greater than that. We saved almost 400 bucks the first month.

Re: meal plan ideas?

Nikki
i just joined e-mealz today and i love it already!

Re: meal plan ideas?

Jennifer
I just can't say enough about e-mealz! I have found myself introducing it to young couples in the grocery store that have what looks like a lot of frozen food in their carts. I also find myself looking at their grocery lists and comparing from a distance of course. Once you get started, you will never stop. It is so great knowing what you are going to cook on any given day, and if the hubby asks (mine does every night) I just refer him to the sheet and say,"This is what we are having."

Re: meal plan ideas?

kimmy920
I signed up for emealz a few weeks ago and so far am pretty happy with it...this week is only a four day menu since its a holiday which stinks but I think it will still work out. Its nice to have a plan each week and not have to wonder whats for dinner each night at 5pm..I dont always follow it exactly and move days around but I always have something different to cook!!I am on a mission to prove to my husband that its worth it too as he doesnt really see the need for it!:(